Lifetree Environmental Pty Ltd provides lab-based asbestos testing to home owners/buyers/sellers, renovators, asbestos removal companies and environmental consultants among others. We are based in Perth in Western Australia, but offer our experience and expertise to individuals and organizations from all over the country, helping them to determine the presence of asbestos and increase their safety. Committed to the safety of our clients, our testing processes are known for their stringent quality control and have helped us to establish Lifetree as one of the fastest growing asbestos testing services in Perth.
Our Managing DirectorSteven C Y Tan is the Managing Director of Lifetree Environmental Pty Ltd. He is a highly competent and experienced technical & quality manager. His outstanding technical and analytical skills have helped him establish Lifetree Environmental and oversee all internal and external processes. Having worked previously as an Asbestos Consultant, Technical & Quality Manager, Project Manager and Surveyor/Analyst, Steven has over 10 years of experience in asbestos projects. Listed below are highlights of special achievements throughout his career:
- Vastly experienced in different facets of asbestos testing – bulk sample identification, air sampling, fibre quantification, asbestos clearance, and removal supervision – he has successfully handled asbestos management, conducted management surveys, refurbishment, and demolition surveys for universities, schools, residential apartments, independent homes, and commercial as well as industrial properties.
- He is adept in using Polarised Light Microscopy and Dispersion Staining techniques for bulk identification of asbestos fibres. Passionate about his work, he has experience in analyzing thousands of different kinds of samples for presence of asbestos over his long and fruitful career.
- Participated in external asbestos quality schemes operated by HSL (Health & Safety Laboratory) while in the U.K. and PTA (Proficiency Testing Australia) in Australia with excellent results.
- Worked as Technical and Quality Manager for a UKAS (the UK equivalent of Australia’s NATA) accredited company in the U.K. He has a strong focus on quality and safety.
- Is a holder of the highest qualification in the asbestos testing industry in the UK– the Certificate of Competence in Asbestos (CoCA). He is also P401 (Identification of Asbestos in bulk Samples), P402 (Buildings Surveys & Bulk Sampling for Asbestos), P403 (Asbestos Fibre Counting), P404 (Air Sampling of Asbestos and MMMF and Requirements for a Certificate of Reoccupation following Clearance of Asbestos) and P405 (Management Asbestos in Buildings – Safe removal & disposal) qualified. These are programmes offered by the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS).
- He has years of experience in training people in bulk identification, air sampling, fibre counting, asbestos clearance, and inspection in the UK, Australia, Singapore and China.